DETOX & Keeping Your Body in Good Working Order!
First and foremost, always consult your healthcare practitioner if you have questions about whether detoxing is right for you and which way to do so. There are many detox programs that include a variety of components like exercise, diets, juicing, recipes, and supplements depending on your individual needs and goals.
What is Detox? Detoxify or detox- means cleansing the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin. Your body does this primarily through the process of nutrition. For instance, everything that you consume the body breaks down into usable nutrients necessary to maintain a healthy body. The body then assimilates all the beneficial vitamins, minerals, sugars, etc. What the body doesn’t need, it eliminates in the form of waste. However, when your system is over-worked, impurities aren’t properly filtered and the body is adversely affected. Additionally, the environment also contributes to our accumulation of impurities, damaging radicals and compounds in our system, like pollution and contact with carcinogens.
Avoid Harmful Substances and Stress
You can help your body by reducing the amount of toxins that you ingest by eliminating or significantly reducing the consumption of alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars, and saturated fats. These items are harmful and are obstacles to maintaining a healthy body. Also, minimize use of chemical-based household cleaners and personal health care products (cleansers, shampoos, deodorants, and toothpastes), and substitute natural alternatives.
You can also reduce stress by practicing meditation, yoga, tai-chi or other forms of stretching to de-stress and as a way to reset a healthy connection between your body and mind.
Recommended Healthy Steps
Maintain a healthy lifestyle by following these recommended steps
- Eat plenty of fiber, fresh fruits and vegetables
- Drink at least two quarts of water a day
- Drink Green Tea
- Schedule at least moderate exercise in your routine
- Practice yoga, Tai Chi/Qigong
- If you are a member of a gym, take advantage of the sauna and sweat so your body can eliminate waste through perspiration
- Practice deep breathing to allow oxygen to better circulate through your system
- Emphasize positive emotions, reduce negative thoughts and stress
- Supplement your diet with Vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins
- Supplement your diet with Desintoxicador Liver Formula and/or Desintoxicador Colon Formula, which contain natural herbs that promote liver and colon health; like dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle.*
Consult your doctor before using any health treatment, including herbal supplements and natural remedies, and tell your doctor if you have a serious medical condition or are taking any medications. The information presented here is for educational purposes only and is in no way intended as substitute for medical counseling. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.